Remembering the ministries of the church in your will or estate plan gives an inheritance or a transfer of the blessings that God gives during a lifetime, and provides an opportunity for you to have a significant impact on ministry in the future. To download our Bequests brochure, click here.
Three signals that it is time to create or update your will:
• A change in your family or marital status
• A change in the federal or state tax laws
• A desire to make a gift
Three easy ways to leave a legacy gift:
• Through your Will or Trust – Direct a certain dollar amount or percentage to your favorite ministry(ies)
• Through your IRA – Direct a certain dollar amount or percentage to the ministry on the Beneficiary Designation form
• Through your Life Insurance – Direct a certain dollar amount or percentage to the ministry on the Beneficiary Designation form
Three important considerations when writing your will:
• Specify the amount or percentage – “ten thousand dollars ($10,000)” or fifteen percent (15%)”
• Give the full name and address – “The Evangelical Covenant Church, c/o The Covenant Trust Company, 8303 West Higgins Rd., Chicago, IL 60631”
• Undesignated bequests strengthen the whole ministry of the church but you may also designate your bequest to a specific need or program area – “undesignated for the mission and ministry of the Evangelical Covenant Church” or “designated for Covenant World Relief.”
Visit Covenant Trust Company’s website or call (800) 483-2177 to begin your planning today!