PORTLAND, OR (February 15, 2011) – Because the cholera epidemic in Haiti has subsided, Medical Teams International has loosened its requirement for medical personnel to participate in upcoming mission trips.
New participants no longer need to have disaster response experience. Medical Teams, which partners with Covenant World Relief (CWR), is seeking professionals who also attend Evangelical Covenant churches to join them on a mission trip to Haiti April 28 to May 6. Those interested in participating must contact the organization by February 26 to allow time for the screening process.
Medical professionals needed are doctors comfortable serving as internists or generalists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and paramedics.
Below are requirements to participate:
- Compassion for people in need
- Willing to work in difficult situations and challenging environments
- Good general health
- Valid passport
- Current professional license (as applicable)
- Completed application materials
- Current doctor-recommended immunizations
- Ability to pay and/or fund-raise for travel, in-country expenses, and admin fee (includes ACE emergency evacuation insurance)
- Ability to acquire needed team supplies