By Stan Friedman
CHICAGO, IL (November 8, 2013) – Many Covenanters routinely share links to social media articles and videos with one another that Covenant News Service believes may be of interest to others. Each Friday we are posting five of them. Following is a sample of those submissions—their inclusion does not represent an endorsement of any views expressed.
1. Team Deceives Coach to Help Teammate. This is especially remarkable because the students came up with the idea and hid it from everyone else.
2. Pope Embraces Man with Boils, Lets Child ‘Play’ on Stage. Just who does Pope Francis think he is? This week he embraced and kissed a person severely disfigured by a disorder that usually causes people to be shunned. Just the week before, the Pontiff welcomed a boy who wandered onstage during an address to families and let him hang out and play.
3. Report: Church Giving Reaches Depression-era Record Lows. Giving to local congregations dropped to 2.3 percent in 2012, the fourth consecutive year of decline, according to a research organization. According to the report, reasons include declining membership, a bad economy, and self-centeredness.
4. 12 Reasons Why Pastors Quit Attending Sporting Events. Why spoil the joke? Just read it. Your pastor will be glad you did.
5. Convincing Millennials to Marry a Nice Jewish Boy. Christians are not the only ones talking about Millennials, faith, identity, and the future.