Small Group Resources for Youth
- Dig In is a six-session series developed by Joel Osterlund to encourage Biblical literacy. This material invites participants to engage with Scripture so they might be transformed by God’s word and the work of the Holy Spirit in their lives, deepening their walk and commitment to follow Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Each session has its own particular goal and includes activities, a Scripture lesson, and discussion questions. Our hope is not simply to make scripture come alive, but to make the scripture come alive in us. Click here to download the Leaders Guide and Participant Worksheets.
- The GROW Bible Study is a devotional guide, written originally in Spanish (CRECER), was developed to encourage disciples of Christ to grow in six specific areas of discipleship. It includes Bible studies, which help readers to go deeper in their study of the word of God, based on the acronym GROW. Click here to order the material.
- Proximity is a six-week small group curriculum, inviting participants to draw closer to God and to each other. As we reposition ourselves to focus on the good news. This resource offers more than checklists or simplistic formulas. Rather, Proximity invites us to approach evangelism from a new perspective. Click here to download this resource.
- The Real Life Field Guide provides topical suggestions framed in the context of spiritual conversation with a foundational scriptural basis for navigating faith, life, relationships, and practical matters such as money, fear, health, and struggles. The field guide invites face-to-face discussion to help you learn, listen, and forge ahead. It is meant to help young adults find an enduring and meaningful connection to a spiritual family and to set them on a path of intentional faith living. A companion leader/mentor manual is also available. Click here to download or preview the field guide.
- Rock Solid is a daily journal that provokes the reader to consider what the Bible has to say about God, sin, Jesus Christ, the sacraments, the Holy Spirit, and church. These are just a few of the twenty-six formational footholds of faith explored through the curriculum. Click here to download, preview, or order the material.
Curriculum Resources for Youth
- Breathe is an experience that will give you a taste of a variety of spiritual practices. It is designed to allow you time and space to hear God’s voice. Consider experiencing Breathe as you take a walk, go out for a run, sit by a body of water, reflect in a quiet space, or one filled with activity. God speaks to us in a variety of ways including time set aside to read or listen to Scripture, God can use others to speak truth into our lives. Breathe may be time when it is just you and God in a quiet space. We invite you on this journey – to listen for God’s still small voice. Click here to download the material.
- The Exploring Covenant Affirmations DVD and Study Guide guide will help your youth more fully understand what the Evangelical Covenant Church believes and what it means to be Covenant. Find out more about Exploring Covenant Affirmations here or contact the Covenant Resource Center by email at resource.center(at)covchurch.org.
- The Journey: Discipleship/Confirmation Material is a two-part discipleship and confirmation journal that presents the story of God. The Old Testament and New Testament Journals explore the biblical narrative and church history. The Journey uses Bible passages that expand on the material presented in the journals which encourages students to read their Bible daily. Click here to preview or order the material.
- Foundations for Faith: Building Blocks works in tandem with The Journey, our discipleship/confirmation curriculum. This resource is comprised of twenty-seven questions and answers to help you navigate the Journey curriculum with your students. Download the Building Blocks here.
- Youth Nexus – Intersect Curriculum was developed as a result of youth workers and their students who had participated in the Youth Nexus experience and wanted to bring it home to share with others. The overarching themes are being formed by God’s story, being God’s people, bearing God’s image, and hearing God’s call. You can download the curriculum here. In addition to the curriculum there is a Leader’s Guide and Supplementary Activities available for download.
- The Growing Deeper Tools are a series of practical pamphlets for use by individuals, families, or groups. Based on the belief that growth in Christ needs to be nurtured through regular spiritual practices, these new tools offer a variety of practices from which to choose. Click here to download or order the tools.
Resources for Youth Workers
- The Ministry Idea Exchange is made of resources recommended and developed by Covenanters for use in your ministry. You are encouraged to use what is here and submit your own personally developed resources in the areas of best practices, tips, tricks, and worship materials. Submit resources or ideas you have created yourself, as well as tips and suggestions for others you have found, and the best ways to adapt popular resources for your own use.
- The Youth Ministry Network (YMN) promotes healthy youth ministry in the Covenant Church by helping youth workers to be known, connected, and resourced. Within this structure there are two defined roles, the YMN facilitator and the YMN leader. While each conference has only one YMN facilitator, there are many YMN leaders in each conference, determined by the geographic reality of each region and associated affinity groups. The role of YMN leader is a revision of what was formerly known as a “Frontline Coach”. Discover who the new Youth Ministry Network Facilitator is in your conference.
- The Sustaining Pastoral Excellence Initiative is intended for credentialed pastors and missionaries who are able to apply for grants to help them pursue growth opportunities in the areas of character, competence, and constancy. You can apply for resources to be used toward various events, conferences, and other opportunities.
- The Youth Ministry Speaker Team grew out of a desire to assist Covenant Church Youth Ministers by providing quality speakers for conference retreats, leadership training, or gatherings of two or more Covenant churches.
- Our blog, the Youth Worker Update, brings together a collection of articles and resources to help keep you informed on current youth ministry events, tools, and news. Subscribe for monthly highlights or instant alerts to new posts.